The garage door is the most important part of your house and you use it several times in a single day. Due to this reason, the door needs regular maintenance service to ensure its work properly. Regular maintenance service keeps the overhead door solid and working for years to come. As you use it every day, but you rarely take the time to examine its condition and performance. You do not pay attention to this huge moving object when something goes terribly wrong.
As a homeowner or business owner, you need to understand is that an overhead door also requires regular inspection and maintenance, just like other home appliances. Performing a regular inspection can help you diagnose the problem with your door. Here are some common garage door problems shared by our experts. If you notice any one of them with your door, consult with a garage door professional as soon as possible to fix the issue.
- Overhead door not working properly: This is an obvious sign that your overhead door needs to be inspected by a professional as soon as possible. There are a number of reasons for such incident like misaligned sensors, broken cable and much more. Before you hire a technician to inspect the door, be sure to double check that nothing is blocking the door.
- It makes a lot of noise: A noisy door is not only disturbing you and your family, in fact, it also creates problem for your neighbors. A noisy overhead door is the result of, worn rollers, loose hardware and others. In order to avoid the last minute urgent requirement of garage door repair service, it is better to keep the door noise free by proper maintenance service.
- The remote control does not work: When the overhead door remote refuses to work, it is good to check the batteries of the remote first. After replacing the battery, if you face the same problem, you need to replace the old remote with a new one. Keep one thing in your mind that don’t forget to replace the batteries time to time.
- Outdated door: If you have a twenty year old door, it may be time for a style overhaul. Your garage door is something that people notice and observe about your home. It is the face of your house. The modern and right look can enhance the value of your entire property like icing on a cake.
- The door does not open and close properly: Many homeowner face this problem. If you are one of them, it means your overhead door needs a repair and maintenance service from a professional. It is highly recommended that never repair a faulty door on your own, always hire a professional to fix the problem.
Do you notice any of these given issues affecting your overhead door? If so, make sure you consult with a professional before the small issue leads to a large problem. For professional help, call our technicians at Gulliver Garage Doors Red Deer.
As the largest part of your home, the overhead door commands a lot of attention. Unfortunately, most of the homeowners do not understand the importance of the garage door and its parts until it does not create any kind of problem. A door opens and shuts several times in a single day and thousands times per year.
Every garage is different from each other. It means ordering a garage door online or over the phone is not a good idea. Most of the people don’t have enough time to go to the market and purchase a door on their own. By ordering a door over the phone or online, you can never know the details like headroom, shape, size, and other important things. If something does go wrong, there will not be any question about whose fault it is. So, don’t put yourself in trouble and hire a salesperson from your local company who is able to visit your house.